All the infrastructures and equipment in the centre, indispensable and adequate for the development of the teaching in the faculty are included as material resources and services.
To this effect, the mechanisms developed to completely eliminate the architectural barriers in the Faculty have been prioritised. In this sense, the Faculty counts on facilities which completely meet the accessibility requirements established in the applicable regulation. In particular, there are parking spaces for disabled people, ramps to ease the access to the building from outside and interior ramps which ease the mobility among the different centre premises. The different floors in the building also count on the necessary elevators. To end up, there are conveniently prepared services to be used by disabled people.
The Dean Office is the responsible body for the regular review of the infrastructures and services associated to the centre, making sure that, as long as the budget enables to do, they are adequate for the teaching activities of the degrees.
The detection of material needs of the teaching and administration and service staff and students is carried out by focusing on the demands communicated either directly to the Dean team, to the mentors of the Mentoring Action Programme (MAP), or through the corresponding complaints and suggestions mailboxes.
The complementary services, like the photocopy, cafeteria and canteen services, are provided by private companies hired following the public sector regulation.
Typology of the teaching-learning spaces and provision of infrastructures
|Space||Computer and Projector||Capacity (Seats/50 % ON COVID CAPACITY)|
|Lecture rooms: A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, C1, C2, C3, C4, D1, A101, A102||Yes||93, 90, 72, 50, 72, 50, 110, 90, 122, 72, 50, 110, 90, 82, 51, 38|
|Classrooms: A201, A301, B301, C201, C301, D201, D301||Yes||24|
|Meeting room: A302, B202, B302, C202, C302, D202, D302||Yes||14|
- CONFERENCE ROOM: 154 seats, video projector, computer
multipoint videoconference system
- VIDEOCONFERENCE ROOM: 20 seats, digital screen
- MEETING ROOM A209 (DEAN OFFICE): 20 seats, video projector, digital screen.
- STUDENTS DELEGATION D101: 20 seats, video projector, computer
- OPEN ACCESS AREA TO IT EQUIPMENT: 90 seats, video projector, computer
- Teaching staff Offices: 67
- Administrative and Service Staff Offices: 8
- Students Delegation Office: 1
Other facilities and services
- Library in the Faculty Building
- Photocopy self-service: service placed in the ground floor of the Faculty
- Work spaces through the main hall
- Cafeteria and canteen service: service placed in the building
- Parking service with spaces reserved for disabled people
Other teaching and learning resources
- Wireless connection: all the classrooms in the faculty have been conveniently wired to facilitate the use of the students’ IT equipment, in addition to a wireless connection. All the University community members have access to this service via the password linked to their personal or university email account
- Audio and videoconference connection: in all the lecture rooms and classrooms in the faculty there are audio and videoconference systems to ease the contents broadcasting through the remote Campus or any other tele-teaching platform.
- Faculty web page: it is an essential working tool to keep students updated, on it you can find all the information regarding the studies in the centre
- Online teaching resources: as a support to the teaching activity, the University of Vigo made available for teaching staff and students the platform FaiTIC and the Moovi platform with online resources for tele-training. In addition to this, from the Library web page is possible to access to different data bases which students can consult. All online teaching resources can be accessed from home, either because they are public or through the different access passwords and remote access